Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1A - damaged - *SOLD*
£50
Manchester

Mkayte

­Selling a Westone Thunder 1A in damaged condition.
I got it as a xmas gift in 2008 and played it for a few years. I really loved it but gradually shifted my focused to vocals and eventually left it at my parents house when I moved away. Long story short, it was stored in the basement for like 10 years and unfortunately got damaged by humidity.
The body is quite road worn and there is some rust on the pole caps, so far so good. I put some new used strings on it and tried with a new battery, but the active/passive switch does not work and the D and G strings don´t ring maybe be the PU needs some love. Also there is the slightly twisted neck. I think it still playable if the bridge is raised a bit, and one isn´t too picky regarding incosistent attack. Or better might have the tools to fix it. I took it to my local shop they said they could repair it tough it´s too expensive considering this is was a cheap bass.

You can pick it up in Manchester or I´ll ship it in the case it was stored in. I gave it a good rub down but for the sake of full disclosure, there was some mould on the outside - still good protection for the shipment though.

I would be really sad to throw it away, hoping someone here will fix it and love it.

Screenshot_20220524-132132_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20220524-132006_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by Mkayte
  • Like 2

• Mkayte changed the title to SOLD: Westone Thunder 1A - damaged