Why become a member? ×

New bass amp and cab day..... sort of.

WinterMute

I've been struggling with the sub 120hz content in my studio for a while, the problem is that the room is too small and the nodes interact dramatically in that band. In order to combat that I've bass trapped all the corners and put absorption liberally at the ER points.

The room sounds pretty good above 120hz, a little HF tweaking but otherwise reasonably even, but the LF drops off a cliff at 120hz and the software room equalisation can only do so much, basically the Amphion One18's just don't carry the weight in such a heavily trapped room. I'm going to lose a couple of the bass traps on the front wall to see if I can't open ehLF up a little at the listening position.

So, enter Amphion's FlexBase25, a single pillar stereo bass management system that controls the amount of LF in the main speakers and adds 1400w of seamless bass amp and speakers. Essentially it turns a pair of very capable near-field speakers into full-range 3 way monitors with bass management.

It's going in tomorrow, I'll let you now how well it does.

IMG_6540.thumb.jpeg.1fdcf331e61eb587a51d6eb5ba6172f0.jpeg

IMG_6539.thumb.jpeg.df4bca57bec6ac8b671c7747029a28ce.jpeg

• Like 1