Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Rootmaster RM owners club

Guest BassAdder27

HI guys, i would like to buy a 210 Ashdown combo. I hesitate between an ABM Neo C210 combo and the new RM500 C210 EVO II combo. Price is the same (ABM is ised, RM is new). 

What do you think is the better combo, for sound only?

I had some cabs with neodynium speakers in the past but didn't like the sound, Pro Neo speakers are good?

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently purchased an RM500 C210 Evo II combo. Used it for its first gig the other night, sitting on an Ashdown 115 ext cab. Holy moly! Seemed fairly quiet on stage but when I walked out front with my wireless, it was loo loud for the balance. I ended up with the gain on 10 o'çlock and the master a tad over 9 oçlock. Don't think I'll be needing the ext cab very often! Used the sub harmonic on one song and the drive on one song, and they sounded pretty good. Happy camper here.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I’m still loving my RM800Evo2 but I have such bad gas for the new ABM Evo 5 that I’m going to sell the RM so I can start saving for the big boy.

You know this makes sense.

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

I’m still loving my RM800Evo2 but I have such bad gas for the new ABM Evo 5 that I’m going to sell the RM so I can start saving for the big boy.

Well .. I had briefly the EVO 5 and didn’t find anything better than my EVO IV 600 .. the extra watts are negligible and the tone was 100% a match to my ABM600 

I don’t personally think it’s worth the extra cost but .. it does look very nice 

6 hours ago, BassAdder60 said:

Well .. I had briefly the EVO 5 and didn’t find anything better than my EVO IV 600 .. the extra watts are negligible and the tone was 100% a match to my ABM600 

I don’t personally think it’s worth the extra cost but .. it does look very nice 

Apparently I does have a new quiet / reactive fan system though. Not sure that has made it into the ABM iv.

• 3 months later...

New RM500 Evo II owner here.

Just got my head last week and after working through the headphone button issue, it sounds fantastic.

I have a couple of questions. Is any 2 button latching footswitch ok for the drive and sub?

Also, has anyone sorted out the output dial detents issue? I click is too quiet for home, 2 clicks is thunderous!

I'm loving the sound of this amp, I'm looking forward to playing it in anger.

• Like 1

On 27/11/2023 at 21:07, ardi100 said:

Is any 2 button latching footswitch ok for the drive and sub?

As long as they are latching switches, any should be fine.

I had a Neewer NW202 which I sold on here earlier in the year. I checked with Dave Green and he confirmed it was OK but I had to disconnect the LED's.

Edited by BassBunny