Why become a member? ×

Custom Fodera Emperor Elite 5 - AA Top Outstanding £5250
£5500
U.K. & Italy got a few days

Surfbr

Up for sale is my one off and amazing Fodera Emperor Elite 5. This is actually one of those hard to find / one off situations, and I hope the right person will come across this bass.

This is a 1987 Fodera Emperor Elite which was custom ordered in glossy black. After talking to Joey about this bass, he mentioned the owner had ordered 2 identical basses at that time and that they used a gorgeous maple top on it. So The bass was sent to Wilkins  Guitars for a refresh / refinish And it is absolutely mint. This is a sought after year & instrument, as they were entirely hand made by Vinny Fodera. Joey told me,  this bass was custom ordered by a Vinny’s customer, who kept the bass for over 32 years as his personal instrument and ultimately listed the bass for sale last year, when I finally bought it. Basically I am the second owner of this incredible bass! It has been kept in great conditions, and it features some amazing specs....

Please note, started life fretless but it has since been fretted at Fodera Shop. The bass was also set up and pleked last year. It is now finished in tiger eye (satin), featuring an incredible top and finish.

I also upgraded the pickups with the hard to find Lane Poor soapbar Option (pickups alone were $500) and I also upgraded the electronics with Mike Pope’s latest Flexcore system.

1987 Fodera Emperor Elite Specs:

Top: Quilted Maple

Body: Mahogany

Neck: Maple

Fretboard: Macassar Ebony

Construction Specs

Neck Joint Option: Neck-through

Birth Date: 06/19/1987

34” Scale Length

5 String Configuration (19.0mm Spacing)

24 Frets (Large)

Electronics Options

Fodera / Pope Custom Flexcore Preamp

Lane Poor Soapbar Pickups

Emperor Control Layout

Weight is 10.6 lbs (on my scale)

I am coming to Europe next week and Could bring it for delivery. I have a sizable layover at Heathrow then will be in Italy for 3 weeks.

MTD, Tobias, Ken smith, roscoe, fender, jazz, lull, Sadowsky , prs, Ritter, Wal, Bass, musicman, Ibanez, rickenbacker, Alembic,

2C71FA8A-3DD0-4588-93E9-66D2D1AAE879.jpeg

12846F42-FC48-4257-AD3B-6AC6FF4212ED.jpeg

44FD59E1-D6E4-4EB6-825A-EEDE997555D5.jpeg

95465863-91EA-4CEF-ACBD-6FE6AD1D152E.jpeg

CCCD03AF-B447-451A-8840-D4B501D84555.jpeg

Edited by Surfbr
  • Like 3