Why become a member? ×

MooseHead Beer Bass

rochie555

Hi,

Well I thought I would share this Custom Bass I hade made for a 50th Birthday present to myself.

It started life as a Moosehead Beer crate from 1963. The crate joints had to be soaked in vinegar to try and break down the glue to separate the corner joints as they had to be kept intact as the side panels were too small to make a full size bass.. The neck is from a 1979 Fender jazz bass, Geddy Lee pickups and fender relic machine heads

The faceplates,bridge etc. were new fender items so I did some patina on them just to give them an old look. The Moosehead facing was then placed on a custom made mahogany body and assembled by Gerry in Haze Guitars here in Ireland. The workmanship and attention to detail  carried out by Gerry was fantastic.

It was an idea I got from Grove Guitars in America ,who use loads of old crates to face their bass's with and I think it turned out very well. Might not be to everyone's liking but I am chuffed with it.

DSC05206.JPG

DSC05207.JPG

DSC05211.JPG

DSC05210.JPG

DSC05208.JPG

DSC05205.JPG

DSC05201.JPG

Image.jpeg

WP_20160325_001.jpg

WP_20160417_009.jpg

WP_20160423_001.jpg

DSC05209.JPG