Why become a member? ×

Hi

GarethHD

Hi all
I'm a professional bassist from London.
I have a cold, so am feeling somewhat grumpy, but hello anyway.
My main electric is a stingray5 with Ebs kit (and a mark bass little mark 250 for when I'm feeling lazy, which is quite a lot at the moment), and I also play double bass; I have a nice 5 string German circa 1850.
Otherwise, I have a Nightingale 5 string fretless (thats a Bernie Goodfellow pre-rumour Rumour, for those of you who knew him that far back), a GB Spitfire (5string), an NS 5 string, and Egmond 4 string funky beast that Bernie is currently fixing and a Yamaha TRB1006 which I think I'm going to sell as the 35" is too much for my diddy hands. Oh, and a spare chinese upright 4 string which is very nice but never ever gets played.
Other than that, I'm pretty restrained on the bass owning front. Except I'm looking for a small travel bass, like a hohner B2AV. I also just came across the Ministar Basstar 5 - anyone tried one? And I'd like to get hold of a Myung 6 string - the second one (RBXJM2).
cheers for now
Gareth