Why become a member? ×

Burns Marquee controls

jocke

I have a Marquee on the way and cant find a wiring diagram or description of what the 5 way pickup switch does.
I can always find out when I get it by switching and tapping with a screwdriver on the pickups to see which ones are on and not. But something to guide me would be nice.

[quote name='jocke' post='382318' date='Jan 16 2009, 01:07 PM']I have a Marquee on the way and cant find a wiring diagram or description of what the 5 way pickup switch does.
I can always find out when I get it by switching and tapping with a screwdriver on the pickups to see which ones are on and not. But something to guide me would be nice.[/quote]
Hope this is some help!
possition 1neck pickup
2neck&middle
3middle pickup
4middle&bridge
5bridge
When you pull up on the bridge tone control positions1&5 bridge pickups only,and 2,3or4 gives you all 3 pickups together,
also the front tone control works with any position not containing the bridge pickup and the rear tone control works positins containing the bridge pickup 4,5& pulled! in position 4 both tones work but the middle control is slightly dominant.

[quote name='captainhaddock' post='383021' date='Jan 17 2009, 10:03 AM']Hope this is some help!
possition 1neck pickup
2neck&middle
3middle pickup
4middle&bridge
5bridge
When you pull up on the bridge tone control positions1&5 bridge pickups only,and 2,3or4 gives you all 3 pickups together,
also the front tone control works with any position not containing the bridge pickup and the rear tone control works positins containing the bridge pickup 4,5& pulled! in position 4 both tones work but the middle control is slightly dominant.[/quote]

Cool. Thanks!
I look forward to trying this out. Now if waiting for a new bass wasn´t this hard...

[quote name='jocke' post='383023' date='Jan 17 2009, 09:15 AM']Cool. Thanks!
I look forward to trying this out. Now if waiting for a new bass wasn´t this hard...[/quote]
no worries,silly question but how long have you been waitin for your marquee?
as i`ve been told they are hard to get at the moment,what colour are you getting?

[quote name='captainhaddock' post='383101' date='Jan 17 2009, 12:44 PM']no worries,silly question but how long have you been waitin for your marquee?
as i`ve been told they are hard to get at the moment,what colour are you getting?[/quote]

I bought mine used at eBay in the UK and as Im in Sweden I have to wait at least a week for the package to arrive. Mine is redburst with gold hardware but I would have prefer the white with tortouise guard. But as it was £200 I hit the buy it now button.