Why become a member? ×

PRICE DROP! NOW £450 70's Jazz Bass Natural/Maple Blocks EMG Active Jazz Bass
£600

James91

IMG_0213.JPG

This thing really is beautiful.

It was a project built purely because I had this neck lying about. I love jazz bass (have another two) but wanted to try an active one.

Selling due to having way too many basses and this is not getting played as much as it should, when it is a real beauty and should be out there being shown to the world!
(Plus, I want to get a Dingwall Combustion 5!)

So parts are as follows..

Allparts Alder Jazz Body
Natural with black pickguard
Satin finish.
Bought from a member on here, I was going to get this painted black but when it arrived, it looked far too nice of a colour/finish to change.
This is genuine and has the Allparts stamp in the neck pocket, I just haven't taken it apart to picture.

Squier VM Neck
Maple with black blocks and binding. Satin finish.
Really beautiful neck
Nice and straight, plays amazing.
This neck fits perfectly into the body, so much so that it holds itself together without even the need of the screws!
I must make clear, its a Squier VM and NOT a genuine Fender, I just liked the decal plus it adds to 70's style. You would not be able to tell its 'aftermarket', it looks flawless.

EMG JVX Active Jazz Pickups
Bought brand new from America as these have the same vol/vol/tone configuration so looks like a traditional jazz.
Has a 9V battery tucked underneath the control plate/pots.
Solderless wires, EMG use little loom looking plugs.
Sound great, super clear note definition as the pickups have less winds to them which is amplified by the pre-amp, or so the video's say.

Wilkinson Tuners
I REALLY rate these tuners, I have them on all my jazz bases.
They're truly great, have that 70's style peg and are fantastic at holding tune. I come back to basses after weeks and they're still in tune.
There is a slight intermittent vibration from one of them or could be the strings between nut and tuner,  I've not investigated as this is my least played bass.

Gotoh 201B Bridge
Hi-Mass
Again, I have one of these on pretty much all my jazz basses. 
They're just that one step up from the standard Fender ones and sustain is definitely increased.

Has a set of Daddario Pro-Steels on, they're not new.

Bone Nut.

Only downside could be that it had holes drilled for a 3-bolt neck, which is visible from behind

Since built has always been kept in a (brown) hard case which will be included.

£500 with hard case.

Collection of Bournemouth, Dorset preferred but fairly happy to ship for whatever it costs.

So.. enough of me, let the pictures do the talking..

IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG