Why become a member? ×

Stingray Red 1989/90

Johnebass

This 2 band Musicman Stingray is in full working order and has been used regularily in the studio or live almost every day up to 6 months ago when I moved to 5 string and basically is not being used. I have 6 basses and something has to go so its the Stingray.

The body has some dings on it which you would expect from a 17/18 year old bass, and the neck is laquered although it is well worn and most of it has worn off or down, which I feel makes it play better. The serial number is 29485 which dates the bass somewhere between 1989/90 although it is unclear what the actual date is.

I have taken some pictures and tried to show all of the marks but if anyone wants any more or would like to try the bass let me know and I will try to arrange something.

They say that guitars sound better by age and this is certainly true with this one, deep, rich and with tons of punch, the sound is typical stingray..............................what more can I say?

All on the bass, as far as I know, is original except the scratchplate which was changed a few years ago.

I am asking a fair £850 and am willing to be flexible with delivery, unless you live in Australia or the likes!!!

Edited by Johnebass