Why become a member? ×

Digitech JamMan Looper

OutToPlayJazz

Did all my research into looprers today & ordered the Digitech so I should have it on Wednesday. I was very taken by the new Line 6 model, apart from the fact that it is blatantly aimed at guitarists with all the same sounds and controls as my Line 6 spider III guitar amp. That and of course the price of the L6!

So all you people out there with the stolid DigiTech, what do you think of them? I was thinking it'd be a great recording device with the 2GB flash card added.

Rich.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='335904' date='Nov 24 2008, 10:37 PM']Did all my research into looprers today & ordered the Digitech so I should have it on Wednesday. I was very taken by the new Line 6 model, apart from the fact that it is blatantly aimed at guitarists with all the same sounds and controls as my Line 6 spider III guitar amp. That and of course the price of the L6!

So all you people out there with the stolid DigiTech, what do you think of them? I was thinking it'd be a great recording device with the 2GB flash card added.

Rich.[/quote]

The Jamman is a great looper. The possibility of editing the loops off-line is one of the more interesting things about it.

I have a Boss RC-2 that I really like but if you look for a more advanced lopper the Jamman is the way to go.

Jamman: things I like
- off line editing of the loops
- 100 memory locations
- external footswitch for up/down
- mic in

Jamman: things I don't like
- Dedicated AC power supply
- Weight

Things I would like to see in the Jamman:
- A progress indicator for the active loop.
- Multiple loops dub (a new copy of the loop is added at the end if the dub is longer than the loop).

I was seriously considering a Jamman when I wanted to buy a looper but I ended up buying the RC-2 because I can power it at 9V and it doesn't take too much space on the pedalboard. Moreover, I use it only for Jamming with myself (how sad is that!?) and try new ideas – I don’t need any advanced functionality.

Potentially, the Jamman could be a digital recorder but it is mono, it weights a ton and it needs an external power supply. I think an old minidisc (I guess very cheap on eBay in these days) might be a better solution.

Enjoy the Jamman it is a great device!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='fifeq' post='379831' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:25 PM']anyone know if and how canI record something in reason and put it as a loop to my jamman?[/quote]

Yes, you can.

In Reason, select the loop begin-end then use "File/Export Loop as Audio File...". The instructions in the JamMan Owner's Manual should tell you how to load the loop you just saved in the memory card.

I suspect the loop needs to be converted to mono first. Before exporting to loop to audio file, you may want to write down on a piece of paper the bpm ("tempo" in Reason) and the time signature. I think it is an information that the JamMan needs in one of the files in the memory card.

I hope this helps.

Silent Fly