Why become a member? ×

Rerouting an on board spring reverb?

SwamiRob

Bit of a cheat because this isn't actually bass related (I am a bass player mostly!) but I was wondering if any of you guys knew whether it was possible to route the signal to/from a spring reverb tank through other effects? Obviously you'd have to use a jack adapter and a couple of extra leads, but is the signal being sent or returned actually hot enough to use with anything else?

Asking because I was wanting to use momentary reverb on a electromagnetic piano as a fake sustain (The Hohner Pianet T I'm using doesn't have one) and if I'm using an amp with a nice on board spring reverb there's no point wasting it. The other alternative was whether you could use a monetary switch as a footpedal if I can find an amp with footswitchable reverb?

Thanks for any help!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/audioengineering/comments/2u235f/using_accutronics_spring_verb_tank_without_an_amp/

This is from a post about someone using a tank in isolation, and mentions that it requires a small amplifier to actually drive the springs (something I never realised before! And would explain the use of RCA cables instead of jack's as it's the sort of cable you'd commonly use to connect low power speakers and amps together) but apparently the signal is massively reduced in driving the springs and needs a preamp to restore a decent signal level. So that would be around about the same level of signal that would be running through an average pedal setup anyway wouldn't it?Being at instrument level (very vague terminology I'm using there I know) before a preamp?