Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro 5LX - For sale or trade ***SOLD***
£950

Mastodon2

***SOLD***

Hello all,

For sale is my Spector Euro 5LX, which I purchased from another member on here in March. It's a fantastic bass but I just don't play it as much as my 34" scale basses.

The specs are briefly summarised below:
5 string
35" scale
Through neck (maple)
Alder wings and walnut slice in the middle, with a poplar burl top
EMG pickups - I believe these are the 40 model
Tonepump preamp
Brass nut

This bass has not seen a huge amount of play time by me as I just prefer the sound and feel of my Warwick, but I'm very glad to have had the chance to own it. It's in fantastic condition with only very light discolouration on the bridge, no chips, dings or scratches. The quality of the gloss finish is the best I've ever seen, it's like glass, incredibly evenly applied, it's really gorgeous. The frets are in great condition, the rosewood board is exceptionally dark and clean. It has lead a pampered life and been well looked after.

It's a fantastic sounding bass, exceptionally loud, clear and even, with the most authoritative and clear low B string I've ever heard.

The bass is standard except for the controls, the previous owner modified one of the volume pots (it has one for each pickup) into a pan control, which I think is more useful than two separate volumes. I have also dialed back the preamp output trim pot, but this can be turned up to maximum output by myself prior to shipping, or by anyone who owns a philips head screwdriver!

I would prefer to sell, but feel free to let me see what you've got in the way of trades, I'm particularly interested in fretless Warwick 5 and 6 strings. I am happy to add money for the right bass.

The bass will be shipped in a gigbag but will be extremely well wrapped inside and outside of the bag with copious amounts of bubble wrap. Alternatively, the buyer may collect from my home in Newcastle, or I can deliver within a reasonable local radius, we can work something out. If shipping, we can work out a cost which will depend on where the bass is going - within the UK is never too expensive, but I prefer ship insured for the full value of the instrument, having sold plenty of guitars in the past before moving to playing bass. Shipping to the UK will be about £50, insured up to £1000, but I'm happy to discuss options with any interested buyer.

I have Paypal for distance buyers, or happy to take cash for face to face sales.

Link to photos:

[url="http://imgur.com/gallery/60zuw"]http://imgur.com/gallery/60zuw[/url]

Edited by Mastodon2