Why become a member? ×

anyone bought or used the Fender Bronco 40?

zawinul

Perfect for home practicing on your own or with guitarists. Great range of bass sounds and effects. Plus an on-board tuner. Quality, well built, with good attention to detail. I spent a long time looking/researching and was surprised by the inferior quality and poor sounds of much of the competition. Not cheap.

But, don't use it for band practices or small gigs [u]with drums[/u]. Totally lost. It's not a hybrid. You will need something else.

I've had mine for 5 years and wouldn't be without it. I bought a ROQSOLID cover for it, which fits perfectly, and keeps it looking pristine.

There is a DI for recording. Single input for your bass signal, but there is a usb and a aux port for mp3 etc. There is also an earphone socket so you won't upset the missus watching Corrie!. I think the sounds produced by the combo are superb. There is a modelling section and an effects section to the amp offering a huge variety of different sounds. So, you won't have difficulty in getting the sounds you want. No need, obviously, for pedals with on-board built-in effects. I took the guitar I practice with to the retailer to check the combo. I decided immediately it was exactly what I was looking for. My normal amp combo is a Mesa Boogie Fathom (600 watts with valve pre-amp section and 2, 12 inch drivers). Like you (probably) I'm very fussy about everything concerning bass playing. You'll get 'decent and clear'!

At home I select the songs I want to practice on YouTube and play along to them. I use very low volume on the Bronco 40 and the sound is superb. My guitars are all 4 string, so I don't know how a low B would sound on a 5 string bass.

Look at the Fender Bronco 40 manual site for technical details etc.

As I said before, it isn't a cheap practice combo. It really is a quality piece of kit with a very specific purpose. Just my view, of course, but I have kept all my bass equipment (not sold anything) because I've been very careful to get it right 1st time round. Whether it's been guitars, pedal, leads etc, I've done all the research before purchasing. I don't suffer from GAS because I'm very happy with it all.

Edited by titchfieldrelic