Why become a member? ×

1984 Ibanez Roadstar II Bass for Sale - SOLD
£320

TPTroll

1984 Ibanez Roadstar ii RB630 bass for sale, in excellent condition considering age.

This is completely original. Comes with 1 piece gloss finish maple neck with 7.25" radius, 42mm at nut at 57mm at 12th fret. Despite age, only a few marks here and there and still has gloss finish with very little wear. Really comfortable to play, frets have plenty of life left in them. Tuners all original and solid. some lovely figuring in the maple neck. Walnut plug and skunk stripe. Truss rod works fine.

Basswood body. Considering the age and the fact it's basswood, the body is excellent, just the usual small dings and scratches you'd expect to see given it's age, nothing major. Small bit of chipped finish around the base strap button. Still has the unique arrow head style strap button on horn. Original control knobs, small chunk missing out of one of them.

The pickups on these post-blazer basses can sometimes be a bit hit and miss. It seems that as production moved from the Blazers to Roadstars (Blazers stopped in around 1983), the good pickup stock from the blazers was used up and the newer pickups were a bit more variable in quality. These pickups are either left over from blazer stock, or just very good pickups. Punchy and powerful, they do well compared to some Aguilar hot P pickups I've got in another bass (which are probably the best P pups I've come across) similar output levels, and are better than SDQPBs. Very characterful sound, plenty of grunt and growl when pushed, but also well rounded with a bit of tone and volume rolled off.

Happy to post or collection in London or evenings in Hemel Hempstead, Herts.

Item also on ebay so might go via the buy it now.

The only trades I'd be interested in would be a Gibson SG 50's tribute in sunburst, or other decent SG or les paul with P90s, or cheap enough (like a MIC Tokai) that I could use cash my way to get decent P90s for it. No Epiphones.

Edited by TPTroll