Why become a member? ×

Great Yorkshire Show

MarkW

Day two of our three day stint at the Great Yorkshire Show done, and what a day it was!

It started with doing my First Responder bit when a young woman collapsed in the queue for the burger van. At first I thought she'd just seen the prices (£17 for three burgers) but it turned out she had a medical condition. She was out cold for a good 20 minutes, and it took the medics quite a while to turn up. It never ceases to amaze me how many people just stand by and ignore someone who obviously needs help. Our keyboard player commandeered a parasol from one of the picnic tables to keep the blazing sun off her, and even had the foresight to shout "Don't forget to like our band on Facebook!" as they wheeled her into the ambulance.

The gig itself was brilliant, and when we finally had to stop this evening we had a marquee rammed with drunk farmers yelling "One more song!" in unison. A load of people from a recent charity gig also turned up and re-booked us. Brilliant crowd!

I am also absolutely loving the new Stingray 5. It sounds amazing through my TE rig, and just seems to suit me better than any of my others. I think I'm in love!

Last day tomorrow, then another gig on Saturday. If any Basschatters are in the area feel free to come and say hello, and to offer any criticism of my woeful bass playing :-)