Why become a member? ×

Pedalboard Upgrade/slim down-advice please! :)

matttimms

Hey forum.

So I am in the process of slimming down my pedal board so that getting to gigs/rehearsals etc is easier and I'm looking for some suggestions and advice from everyone.

I'm hoping to get a Pedalboard Metro 16 with a Volto power

http://www.pedaltrain.com/metro-16
http://www.pedaltrain.com/volto-1

At the moment my pedals are.

Boss Bass Overdrive - ODB-3
MXR Phase 100
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
TC Electronic Flashback mini

and I'm planning on getting a MXR Bass Octave Deluxe soonish.

I guess I'm wondering if there is a Phase or Overdrive that could be smaller in size and weight (the phase 100 has a bit of weight)

I've compared my guitarists mooer ninety orange to the phase 100 and obvs it is tiny and weighs nothing which is great but I prefer the sound from the MXR and the tonal options.

I've also tried the Mooer hustle drive which has a nice subtle drive on the bass. I got the ODB-3 when I was younger and heard flea used one once but I'm not sure if I have ever been truely happy with it.

I've only really tried/seen the mooer stuff for really small pedals are there any other nice options.

I like the idea of the Volto for ease of moving about without plus etc but what if it fails? Do I need all the pedals to be true bypass so I still get sound? If so I'm not sure if the pedals I have at the moment are true bypass. Or is there another light option for powering the pedals.

All advice is welcome! :)

thanks basschat!