Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Doug Wilkes Supreme 4 string, active.
£550

robocorpse

550 trade or 475 ono cash.
Mid 80s Doug Wilkes Supreme. Made in England.
Bass is in West London, can post at cost.

It has the thinnest most comfy Jazz profile neck I have ever played, with a lovely ebony board.
Pickups are humbuckers and also in ebony casings (I think its ebony, might possibly be resin, moulded from an ebony original, but I'm not going to start scratching them to find out!)
All hardware is gold except for the straplocks, which are black Schallers.
Bridge is an original Schaller 3D unit, with every adjustment imaginable.
It has active electronics, 3 way selector switch, 2 band active EQ, a "blend" knob for treble pickup balance, and Master Volume.
It is totally stock apart from the knobs, the blend pot and the strap buttons.

There are some finish checking lines round the control area, and several dinks and scratches, but not a lot of actual playwear (frets have loads of meat left), looks like the previous owner gigged it but never invested in a case. The photos show the offending areas.
It needs new strings, but I will leave that to the new owner as they might want to change gauges and set it up to their own personal requirements.
I've owned it for about 5 years, but it doesn't get the amount of playing it should, I have been using my Steinberger more and more.

Looking for 475ono, or a bit more for trades. I can add cash if you have something I really like.
I'm interested in Charvel 3B neckthru, USA Stingrays (including the SUB), Steinberger XM/Q series, Status bolt-on.
I'm also interested in Charvel Model 5/Model 6 guitars and USA Jacksons.
What you got?

Edited by robocorpse