Why become a member? ×

hello

mister g

hellllloooo, right where to start ?,please excuse my inane rambling as i am somewhat tangental,
just decided my midlife crisis is to go back to bass playing turned forty but cheaper than a mistress or sports car (do not want one of them as i have a bike,not part of my mid life crisis always tried to keep riding(suzuki gs750 heavily modded) but had a break of seven years cos of daughter.....shes great!. ).

never was much cop on a bass but really did use to enjoy it and after getting meself a aria pro 2 magna series and a cheap 40 watt amp i am finding despite still being crap i really like it as it is not engineering d i y or working.

so here is the first in along string of drivel !.

always had trouble with me right hand speed tend to fall over myself a lot if that makes sense or at best a dubious dubl`e entendre` i know i spelt it wrong but who cares too old to be bothered now,any ideas or stratergies welcome or net help???.

used to play a aria heritage laser (active) ,,now realising i never should have sold it played much smoother with that old crate so if anyone fancies a swap for my pristine magna mail me!!, even if the laser is scabby as long as it is straight i dont mind.

like playing all sorts but love geezer butler(sabbath) have managed to hack out a few songs in the past two weeks all be it a bit sketchy but loadsa fun and my daughter is well amazed as she thinks i am a boring old fart these days, she likes the white stripes and ...wait for it queen!!!.
so we have lots of time together when ma` is at work laughing loads and taking the pee out of each other other stuff i like includes audioweb,the cult ,thin lizzy,lynarnd skynard,and some 70`s and 80`s rock,,,boring eh?.

well thats me really up here in the wilds of norfolk,
i suppose i need to practice more and develop my own styles etc and learning to read music is the next step.

i have no problem rattling out a scale but loads of problems following some song and figuring it out, it all seems or i make it seem more complicated than it should be especially when some of my friends who play six strings rattle `em out no probs.

this is starting to sound depressive it should not be, i love the bass and think it is and has always has been a vastly underated instument ,
just listen to dirty women by black sabbath or for a simpler song rain by the cult without the bass they are bugger all.

hi ,,love to all,and once again hello,
yours all bassed up yet again 15 years on , mark. :)

[quote name='mister g' post='261248' date='Aug 12 2008, 11:10 PM']hellllloooo, right where to start ?,

hi ,,love to all,and once again hello,
yours all bassed up yet again 15 years on , mark. :)[/quote]
Hi Mark and welcome to basschat. We've got allsorts on here from teenagers to pensioners so no need to consider yourself an old fart just yet. Also, there are lots of 'boomerang bassists' on here who have returned to the bass-playing fraternity after a long absence, including myself.

Just have fun and try to avoid the dreaded GAS!

elom

thanks for the warm welcome!!!.

have always tried to avoid gas as it is explosive and does`nt smell too good!!(no offence it`s a joke).

as for just aquiring a laser you lucky b****rd enjoy it, they are as smooth as a baby`s bum i am very jelous,,,,, :) ,,,,,seriously very jealous.

terry? ...another illusion shattered!.

can anyone suggest good strings i never understood guages etc any advice welcome,

will continue search for the elusive active laser,
cheers all, mark. :huh: