Why become a member? ×

Tobias Pro 5 String Bass

id-dis

I just picked up a Tobias pro 5 bass for £170 and I had read that these bass guitars had cheap Korean electronics in them so I wondered if I should buy one second-hand but I'm glad I did. It has a sleek through neck with a great action that makes it very easy to play and it looks great. It has some great tone control that can give me bright and punchy bass that sounds like a grand piano on the low end (great for slap) or I can dial up a great dub reggae or beefy blues tone. The sustain is great all over the neck and I counted 19 seconds on a single harmonic. I have a number of basses and this is rapidly becoming one of my favourites, it sounds just as good (if not better) than a bass I have with Nordstrom pickups and electronics that cost me almost four times as much. Just about unbeatable for the money in my opinion. I have a serial that starts with the letter U? can anyone offer advice on that?