Why become a member? ×

Possible Build/Bitsa Bass

jeid

Hello, I'm getting more and more into playing my basses these days. I've got an SX Precision that I've done some mods to (Jazz neck/new bridge/Fender pickup) and I really like it. I also have a Fender Jazz that I had the BassDoc rout out for a Precision pickup. I put Seymour Duncans in it, Badass bridge, rewired it. But I think in all honesty, I prefer the shape of the Precision. I'm not that keen on what the Jazz bridge pickup brings to the sound, on any Jazz bass for that matter.

So I'm thinking of selling the Jazz bass so I can assemble a new bass.

I've done this a few times with guitars. I got a body from www.guitarbuild.co.uk a couple of years ago and built a nice Telecaster (pictured below)

I did everything but the setup myself. I was considering getting one of their two piece ash bodies. Has anyone bought a Bass body from them before? I knew the guitar template was good as a mate of mine bought one before me.

If not, any recommendations as to where I can get a good quality unfinished Precision bass in the UK?

Cheers

Sorry if this is the wrong section. Here's a potato

Edited by jeid