Why become a member? ×

Hohner B2A Bass circuit / wiring diagram required

umpdv5000

Hi all,

I am a repair luthier that has been presented with a Hohner B2A Bass in a rather "well used" condition, with the request as to put it back to working order. This particular model is what I believe to be the older type that includes an XLR socket as well as a standard Jack. I sorted a few jobs on the bass, give it a good set up and it now plays nicely working on it's passive controls. However, the active section is having none. I have given it a relatively brief once over making sure connections are in place, but I suspect that someone may have alterered the odd connection over its lifetime and this is why I could do with a circuit diagram for this model. I intend to give it a good inspection today and it may be that I can sort it without one, but I am a little bemused by the choke that is stuck to the XLR, which is the reason that I suspect it has been altered.

Looking on the net, this site is the only place where someone has posted a circuit diagram for one of these basses, albeit the later model (which is a little different). If anyone could oblige I would be most grateful.

Martin.