Why become a member? ×

YAMAHA SLB200.... NOW SOLD!.
£1250

chriscassar

[color=#37404E]Hi folks, I haven't been on here for a while so bear with me if I'm a little rusty in the usual etiquette![/color]

[color=#37404E]I'm selling my Yamaha SLB200 Silent Double Bass as it doesn't get the use it deserves (about 10/12 gigs in 2 years!). It's in very good condition with only a few little "gigging" dinks. It[/color][color=#37404E] comes fitted with what I believe to be the standard adjustable bridge and it has the optional knee rest plate which fits onto the back of the frame. Also comes with its original semi rigid foam case/gig bag. [/color]

[color=#37404E]Awesome instrument with a great tone and is currently set with a very low & light action. Not sure what strings are on it as they are what were fitted when I bought it! They still sound ok and hold their pitch nicely which is why I've not bothered changing them![/color]

[color=#37404E]The bass can currently be seen & played in Music Matters in Maidstone, Kent (this is also where I'm based), between 9am & 5:30pm, Monday to Saturday, or I'm happy to arrange a viewing at my home in the evenings, I'd just need a few days notice as I'm often out the area for gigs.[/color]

[color=#37404E]Detailed pictures on request, otherwise I'll try and get some taken and posted on here in the next few days any way.[/color]

[color=#37404E]Ideally I'm looking for just a cash sale at £1250 ovno as I'm aiming to fund another purchase but if anyone has anything tasty to offer as a trade or even p/x I might be tempted! I'm particularly on the look out for another EUB but something with a bit more of a body to it. I'm used to playing a 4/4 upright so this feels a little on the small side which is why it doesn't get all that much![/color]

[color=#37404E]Cheers,[/color]

[color=#37404E]Chris[/color]

[color=#37404E]PS . I don't always get email notifications from this site (not sure why) so if I don't respond straight away,please bare with me![/color]

[color=#37404E]C [/color]

Edited by chriscassar

Still available. I should have said in my ad that the bass is for collection only or I can meet someone halfway between here and whenever they are in the uk (or something), not able to ship at the moment as I'm not around enough to sort it out. Also, after being given my orders from the general (my wife) I've been told I can't take another acoustic upright as a trade (2 is too many already apparently!) so.... Any trades would need to be another EUB or its just a straight cash purchase please :-)

Pictures added bump! I've only put closeups of the little marks it's picked up over the last couple of years. These are the only cosmetic marks, there's not even any real signs of wear on the fingerboard, just minor string marks.

If anyone wants any other pictures please just get in touch. I know it's taken ages for me to get round to posting these, but I'm not on the road as much now so I can get online more easily!!

yes it's still available although I do have someone coming to look at it tomorrow.

Good chance I won't be around much over the next week or so due to some gigs that have just come in , however the bass can still be tried bought and collected from my local music shop in Maidstone Kent. It would need to be a cash purchase or bank transfer to me in advance as the shop are doing me a favour by holding it for me and not actually selling it on my behalf!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...