Why become a member? ×

SOLD : Genuine LAG Rockline Laser superstrat (original French built)
£375

NOW SOLD

This is also on a well known auction site, but I've reduced the price a bit for BC'ers, and I'll consider trades.

[attachment=138312:PICTAA 278 (Large).jpg][attachment=138308:PICTAA 282 (Large).jpg][attachment=138309:PICTAA 289 (Large).jpg][attachment=138311:PICTAA 283 (Large).jpg][attachment=138310:PICTAA 272 (Large).jpg]

1987 LAG Rockline Laser superstrat, original French built, w/ Floyd Rose upgrade!
This is the REAL THING, not one of the modern Chinese ones.
Built in 1987 in the original French factory, neck serial and body stamps match.

The original locking tremolo wasn't great, so it was replaced with a genuine Floyd Rose tremolo several years ago (that was 175 quid on its own back then!) as a direct drop-in replacement, no surgery was needed to do this, and I have the original tremolo block if you want it. Apart from this, the guitar is completely original with factory-fitted 1980s Seymour Duncans, Schaller heads etc. Volume pot and all switches work well with no issues. Guitar stays in tune very well, there is no noticeable wear on the Floyd posts or knife edges. It is currently set up with 10-46 strings.

Bad points: Floyd has a lot of cosmetic wear (the black coating on the old Floyds is notorious for wearing off), and the saddles were changed for chrome ones. Seemed like a cool idea at the time. There is a lot of scuffing on the back, but nothing down to the wood, and a lot of it will buff out if you can be bothered to get busy with the T-Cut and some polish. Trem backplate and TRC are lost in the mists of time, but backplates are under a fiver off eBay.

Guitar was strung about a year ago with DR Neons for a video shoot, then the guitar went back in its case. There is some wear on the coating on the high strings, but I HAD to leave them on for the photos because it looks amazing with them against the green laser lines.

I am told there were less than 300 of the green Lasers made, due to the fiddly spray job required and the Lag factory only turning out around 60-70 guitars a month in total, and I haven't seen another one of these for sale for some considerable time.

Comes as shown in the photo with period-correct 1980s hard case and tremolo arm included.

Edited by robocorpse

• 2 months later...