Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass 5 string, Mid 90's
£650

KevinJazzBass

Hi guys,

I am selling my current 5 string jazz bass. It is a USA Fender from the late 90's I believe, it used to belong to Jon Noyce who used it with Jethro Tull. It had a rosewood board and is finished in Daphne Blue.

I bought the bass 1 year ago and had howard the bass doc do some modifications for me. The bass is now a PJ bass with USA P pup put in the neck position. The controls have been replaced and the middle pot is a pan pot netween the jazz pup in the bridge and the p pup in the neck and the first pot is a master volume control.

I am losing money on this bass but I have prices it for a quick sale. I am currently using the bass in Dubai and I wont be back to the UK until after July 8th, so I wouldn't be able to post the bass until then.

I am based in Teesside but will also be in London and Cornwall for short periods during July if you wanted meet in person to collect the bass.

I am happy to post as long as its insured and the buyer covers the cost.

I will include the original jazz neck pickup and the original pickguard if you want to convert it back to a normal J bass.

The bass is great working order, no problems with the electronics and truss rod working fine.

I will also include a Jethro Tull CD signed by Jon Noyce.

The bass will be posted in a Hardcase.

Any questions then please just message me.

Kev

Edited by KevinJazzBass

Hi Kevin, I like the bass. Howard's done a great job as usual. Is it active or passive? As far as trades, are you only after active basses, as I may have a Fender Roscoe Beck V I may want to trade? It's passive but has some great tonal options. [sharedmedia=core:attachments:132940] Cheers, Shaun