Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Conservatoire/Music College to apply for Jazz?

SevenSeas

Hey everyone, I'm interested in peoples different opinions about these music colleges, if you have been to one of them than that would be fantastic because you would be able to give me a honest opinion.

* Please note, I don't want a thread of lots of people suggesting to avoid university/music college because the paper is useless, waste of money etc because I'm not here to have that discussion... no offence.

* If you could put the entry standard in a non-discriminatory way that would be great, even though all the colleges are fantasic (I just want to be realistic)

* I got into Goldsmiths this year but decided to decline the offer as I wanted to re-apply and go for jazz.

I have been playing electric bass for seven years and double bass for about 15 months, so nearly 2 years by the time I audition but I have no idea if I'll get into any college as the standard is so high. (Would prefer to study double bass as first instrument)

RAM. (Not really an option for me personally, as they don't take electric bass, really high standard) RNCM (don't do jazz) an RSA (possible too far away)

Guildhall.

Trinity.

Leeds College of Music.

Royal Welsh College of Music.

Birmingham Conservatoire.

Many thanks all! All opinions welcome and helpful!