Why become a member? ×

SOLD Pending Fender Jazz Bass (1977 original/reissue Hybrid)
£1000

lawriemacmillan

Up for sale is my Jazz Bass.

This instrument comprises of parts painstakingly chosen by myself to shape an instrument to suit my need for a lightweight, 70s-spec, workhorse Jazz bass . It was then put together by my friend and fellow bass player Gil Allan.

The maple neck is an original 1977 with white blocks and binding. It was in new condition when I bought it a few years ago, but I've since had the gloss sanded back to a smooth satin finish. Incredibly slim and fast!

The lightweight black body is a 70s reissue with a black scratchplate.

Lindy Fralin singlecoil pickups. Incredible dynamic range and tones available, with very low noise.

Badass II chrome bridge and Fender tuners and control plate. The hardware and body have been lightly relic'd. No bumps or scrapes, just a little bit of the sheen taken off them for authenticity.

I have the chrome pickup cover and ebony thumb rest. Both of which I don't use but will supply them with the bass.

Wide black leather Minotaur strap with Q-Parts black pearl/chrome Strap Locks.

Ritter brown/black Gig Bag.

£1000. Pickup preferred but UK delivery can be arranged at reasonable extra cost.

No trades, thank you

Here's a Photobucket link to more images:

[url="http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/lawriemacmillan/library/Fender%20Jazz%20Bass?sort=3&page=1"]http://s1342.photobu...s?sort=3&page=1[/url]

Edited by lawriemacmillan

Very very nice bass you have there mate.
You say the body is a [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]70s reissue so is from one of the new Mexican 70's basses or is an 75RI USA made?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thank you.[/font][/color]