Why become a member? ×

Schoepfer Custom 8 String Bass FS

turbine

I am reluctantly putting this bass up for sale. She's a beauty, but hasn't been played in a while and I don't know if I'll ever need her again.
What I have is a custom made Rod Schoepfer 8 string bass. He made guitars for Richie Sambora and Vivian Campbell, and from what I can find, he didn't make many basses. I don't know anything about the bass' history, but here's the specs:
The body is probably a BC Rich Eagle and looks like a nice flamed koa. Not sure about the neck brand, but it's a one piece maple with ebony board, MOP shark inlays and amazing triple binding. Truss rod cover is MOP. Not sure about the manufacturer of the pickups, but they sound great. The pickup surrounds have binding inside and outside. The controls are bridge pickup volume and tone, neck pickup volume and tone, and a master volume. The control knobs have MOP inserts. There's also a pickup selector switch. Tuning keys are Schaller, and I don't know what the bridge is but it's nice. The strap buttons are large and brass, and they screw off to go through the strap holes. Comes with a nice hardshell case.
I'm asking 800 Pounds shipped and insured via Express Mail from the US, and I take Paypal.

[attachment=127168:001.JPG][attachment=127169:002.JPG][attachment=127170:007.JPG][attachment=127177:003.JPG][attachment=127179:009.JPG][attachment=127180:006.JPG][attachment=127181:005.JPG]

[quote name='Lorne' timestamp='1360454396' post='1970845']
The Body is B.C.Rich Eagle shaped, but whoever carved it, got the shape wrong in a few places, this body was not actually made by B.C.Rich, just thought I'd help, best of luck with the sale :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the info!
I'm no BC Rich expert-it looked like an Eagle to me. It's definitely a beauty.

• 3 weeks later...