Why become a member? ×

*SOLD*

BTGAndy

[quote name='BTGAndy' timestamp='1359047107' post='1949018']
For sale is my SWR ST-220 that I have owned now for a few years, I'm selling to diminish my pile of gear prior to my wedding later this year.

The amp functions well, with some crackle on the pots. I've recently been using it to record my bands latest album and the results have been excellent.

[color=#333333]It's a little worse for wear cosmetically as you can see in the images.[/color]

When I bought this amp second hand on Basschat in the first few practices it distorted after about half an hours playing, switching the amp off and back on remedied the issue, this hasn't occurred since then at practices or gigs.

The following is from the SWR website:

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]An updated version of our first amplifier, the Studio 220 was discontinued after an eleven year run to make room in the SWR product line for new designs. Features: 220 watts RMS @ 4 ohms, 4-band paragraphic EQ, Mono effects loop, Adjustable electronic crossover, Adjustable limiter, Power amp clip LED, Pull transparency switch, XLR record out with pad and ground lift, Preamp out/power amp in jacks, EQ footswitch, Rack mountable.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][b]Weight:[/b] 13.5 lbs.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][b]Production Period[/b]: 1987 to 1998[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][size=4]I'm asking £125 picked up from Houghton le Spring or delivered locally.[/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

For sale is my SWR ST-220 that I have owned now for a few years, I'm selling to diminish my pile of gear prior to my wedding later this year.

The amp functions well, with some crackle on the pots. I've recently been using it to record my bands latest album and the results have been excellent.

[color=#333333]It's a little worse for wear cosmetically as you can see in the images.[/color]

When I bought this amp second hand on Basschat in the first few practices it distorted after about half an hours playing, switching the amp off and back on remedied the issue, this hasn't occurred since then at practices or gigs.

The following is from the SWR website:

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]An updated version of our first amplifier, the Studio 220 was discontinued after an eleven year run to make room in the SWR product line for new designs. Features: 220 watts RMS @ 4 ohms, 4-band paragraphic EQ, Mono effects loop, Adjustable electronic crossover, Adjustable limiter, Power amp clip LED, Pull transparency switch, XLR record out with pad and ground lift, Preamp out/power amp in jacks, EQ footswitch, Rack mountable.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][b]Weight:[/b] 13.5 lbs.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][b]Production Period[/b]: 1987 to 1998[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][size=4]I'm asking £125 picked up from Houghton le Spring or delivered locally.[/size][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by BTGAndy

These are GREAT amps. Despite some reviews saying they are not loud enough, they really are. I used one for years with some crazy loud drummers in pub/club gigs with no PA support and it never struggled. Its louder than my current Eden WT405! I've still got mine as a backup and would never sell it.

There cant be a better amp out there for that much money, it's crazy cheap