Why become a member? ×

My Rig, your thoughts!

leevdb

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My rig consists of 2 Warwick heads and 1 4x10 cab and 1 1x15 cab. I go down the bi-amping route, no daisy chaining, just 1 head to one cab. Warwick heads are the Xtreme 10.1 (1000W) and the Tubepath 10.1 (again 1000W). Cabs are both Behringer but custom built with the guts and speakers replaced (as the cabs themselves are very well built) with Eminence speakers, 4 10 inch and 1 15 inch (with the horn switchable on/off in case of using the 15" cab on its own for smaller gigs). Both cabs are setup to 4ohms, so max power from the heads. I run the Mids and Trebs through the Xtreme 10.1 and 4x10 cab, and Bass through the Tubepath 10.1 and 1x15 cab and the sound produced is amazing with a throw to match and no issues with lag or interference. I have a 4 fan 1u unit in the middle of the rack to keep things cool. The rack weighs a ton [/font][/color] :)[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Pics are from a recent recording studio session. I play a Fender USA Jazz Bass Deluxe 4 String through it. I have it stacked in gigs and love it when other bass players ask to use it, I often have to decline due to how much it cost to complete, hours to setup the right tone/gains etc and the fact "that you should bring your own amps if you are gigging!!"[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any thoughts? It works for me, being in a Melodic Rock band, great headroom especially if the monitors are crap, and best of all the heads go up to 12 (I know that doesn't really mean anything, just funny due to Spinal Tap's 11 joke!) I've never had to go past half way volume, surprisingly.[/font][/color]

[attachment=122498:IMG_0451.JPG]

[attachment=122499:IMG_0454.JPG]