Why become a member? ×

sold pending: Fodera Anthony Jackson Signature 6

nobodysprefect

Selling to because there's another Fodera 6 I think I want more than this. Mostly because of visual stuff. I'm being horribly superficial. :( If the Fodera I'm after sells, this bass is immediately withdrawn from sale.

A 1991 Anthony Jackson contrabass guitar, modeled after, I think, #6. Jason DeSalvo's letter dated 20th of July, 2010 states that:

the top wood is curly crotch walnut, body is walnut, neck is maple, fingerboard is macassar ebony. Frets are large. The bridge is the older Fodera locking bridge.

Since then, the bass has been fitted with Aero dual coil pickups and a Pope custom pre. Sounds pretty fabulous.

Scale is 36" which gives a thunderous and taut B. The c is very much on the meatier side. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to know how the guys in Brooklyn do it. ;)

String spacing is variable, currently set at 20mm which I think is pretty much the upper limit for this bass.
The bass has been gigged, so there are small dings and scratches. One blemish in the back, but it's an old one and is quite stable.

Comes with the Fodera tools, the original Bartolini pickups, the original Fodera/HAZ Lab preamp, Bartolini preamp, appraisal form for your insurance company and red Fodera gig bag.

Asking GBP5100 incl shipping. I realize this is more than this bass was advertised for earlier on this same forum. However, for one, I had to have professional work done on the bass because of the electronics, for two, there were costs incurred in bringing the bass within the EU. The price, assuming the buyer wanted the aero/pope electronics inside the bass and functional, is less than the earlier asking price + taxes, duties + the actual luthiery costs incurred. (The preamp is now completely fixed)

Trades? Not really interested in trades, apart from Fodera sixes. Would add cash for a newer Fodera single cut six.

pic of the blemish:

More pics at:

[url="http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/prkl0405/Fodera/AJ6/"]http://s626.photobuc...405/Fodera/AJ6/[/url]

Edited by nobody's prefect

• 3 weeks later...