Why become a member? ×

How Best to Cable New George Lynch Tripler by Morley Amp Switcher into Signal Chain?

BH12neil

I've just bought one of the above amp switchers and am unsure how best to cable it into my existing signal chain or whether I should be using my mixer in these circumstances. The two attached documents (see below) provide background to the existing situation and possible solutions to my problem, hopefully they might help those who are kind enough to comment on the best way forward.

Thanks in advance for comments from those more experienced than myself.

BH12neil

[attachment=116539:Morley Amp Changer.doc]

and

[attachment=116540:Question - Mixer and Amp Switcher.doc]

I've just realised that the two attachments in the above post won't open so here is the question in the form of a basic post:-

How best to cable my new Morley Triplex amp switcher?

Firstly can I connect the input of the amp switcher to my Soundcraft Notepad 102 mixer and if so where would I connect to on the mixer?

Secondly, the amp switcher has three outputs and I have three amps to connect to so normally no problem. However I have an Akai Head Rush at the end of my signal chain that also has three outputs with each input taking a lead to each of the amps inputs, therefore how do I get round the problem of having two sets of cables leading to each of the amps but only one input to plug into on each of the amps?

I hope that's clear, all comments from those more technically gifted than me (and that's everyone) would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

BH12neil