Why become a member? ×

80's Squier Jazz Bass neck with rosewood board *SOLD*

[s]Hey

I've got a spare neck sitting around that I thought I would off load as I'm needing to raise some cash to fund other purchases (new amp mainly).

Anyway, it's an 80's Squier Jazz Bass neck but stupidly, I have removed the logo and serial number from it when I was prepping it to go on my 1987 Fender Precision Bass restoration. I never did get round to adding a new logo so it's ready to have any logo applied.

The neck is in 9/10 condition with the only "damage" being a few dings round the edge of the headstock. Beautiful grain on the rosewood fretboard and the back of it is seriously smooth from where I used a really fine grit sand paper and just went over it. I won't be including machine heads with it but I will install the spare string tree I have (if I can find it) as well as throw in a neck plate and 4 bolts for it. (note, it will just be a plain chrome 4 hole neck plate). It of course has the skunk stripe down the back and something which I find to now be a personal preference on any neck I use, it has the black plastic insert on the truss rod hole which looks cool and stops the allen key from twisting awkwardly/damaging the truss hole when doing adjustments. Plenty of life left in the frets with hardly any fret-wear either!

Price wise I'm looking for £60 plus shipping or it can be picked up from mine (based just off Junction 12 of the M1). I think that's a fair price considering the quality of the neck.

This is the only picture I have right now, I'll try and get some more over the weekend if it isn't gone by then...

Show me your moolah!

Stevie.D[/s]

This neck is now gone! Cheers Dean!

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009