Why become a member? ×

Parker Dragon Fly Guitar £595

Now sold to a rather peculiar chap who "really doesn't like these sort of guitars".

I used to be active on BC many moons ago before defecting to the guitard side, I forgot all my login details so have had to re-register. Nice to see the site has flourished in my absence (cause & effect?)!

I'm trying (with little success) to sell my Parker Dragonfly guitar, had 2 ebay sales fall through due to non-paying bidders (the latest today). This recession is biting hard, looking at the prices being asked & got I do wonder if I should retire the Parker to the spare room for a couple of years. Before I do that though, I'll have one last crack at it.

So I have an original Parker Dragonfly guitar, handmade in the USA, with the Parker hard case, tools & stereo cable. The body is heavily sculpted alder, bolt on maple neck & ebony fretboard. Magnetic pick-ups are a Seymour Duncan TB4 & a pair of Seymour's SSL6 single coils. The trem is the unique Parker design with the piezo saddles, frets are stainless steel & the controls are 5 way pick up selector, volume & tone (magnetic), volume (piezo) & finally a 3 way toggle selects piezo, both or magnetic pick ups.

The guitar is very, very light, balance is perfect, the neck is very fast & the ebony / stainless steel combination makes for a very smooth playing experience. Tones are very comprehensive, the SSL6s are classic, fat Texas tone single coils, the TB4 is vintage PAF with a little more oomph. The piezo sounds great &, mixed with the magnetics it's possible to get an almost Ri...........(sorry, John Hall wouldn't approve), it's possible to get a sound that Paul Weller, John Lennon or Pete Townsend would recognise.

Built quality is as good as anything you'll find. These things go for over £1500 new, mine has one small chip in it (just below the front strap button) but is otherwise in super condition.

So, a recession is here & people want bargains - £595 seems a hell of a deal. Alternatively I could be persuaded to go for a straight swap on a Fender Marcus Jazz, USA P bass, Lakland Glaub/Dunn/Osbourne or even a nice 'ray. I live near Middlesbrough if anyone fancies coming to see it or I will ship at your risk for £20 in the UK.

Picture time;

[attachment=114269:Parker 001.JPG][attachment=114270:Parker 006.JPG][attachment=114271:Parker 005.JPG][attachment=114272:Parker 004.JPG][attachment=114273:Parker 007.JPG]

Edited by Ashborygirl