Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Squier Vintage Modified '77 Jazz Bass (Customised massively) - SOLD

Hey guys

[s]Only putting this up as a possible feeler to maybe fund the purchase of the pre amp and pick ups I want for my Tobias or to possibly go towards a 5/6 string Tobias. Either way, it's the only bass I have in my main 4 that isn't sentimental to me.[/s]
Seen something I want so this is the one I've decided to definitely part with. Sorry Jeff! (Jeff the Jazz bass as in Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince haha)

Anyway, here it is, a Squier Vintage Modified '77 Jazz Bass purchased last June (on the 28th to be exact so it's coming up to a year) which I bought to kill of a bit of my Fender Geddy Lee G.A.S. (which returned with vengeance after seeing Rush live and seeing/hearing the Municipal Waste bassist's tone on record/live). Since I bought it, I have made a few "subtle" modifications to the bass, They are as follows:
- changed the pickguard for a blue pearloid one (also have a white pearloid one which I'll throw in with it)
- copper shielded both pick up and control cavities (there is no hissing or humming from this bass any more)
- changed the knobs to the same ones as on the Fender Geddy Lee bass (black skirted ones with the one white pointer)
- fitted a Graphtech black tusq top nut whch has greatly improved tuning and tuning stability
- swapped the neck with Dave (Nibody)'s Squier Vintage Modified 60's Jazz Bass so mine now has the black blocks and binding (contrary to popular belief, they ARE NOT painted on)
- fitted a black thumb rest above the E string (between neck pick up and neck)
- changed the neck plate for a blank chrome one (squier one will be included if I can find it again)
- fitted an official Fender "F" stamped chrome bridge ashtray and chrome pick up cover

The Duncan Designed pick ups in it sound really good. I was so surprised by them when I got it. I was going to replace them but they sounded perfectly good enough to me so I left them in there. The tuning pegs whilst generic are decent. They keep the bass in tune properly and I've never had any issues with them what so ever.

Bad sides to this bass: There are some VERY light scratches to the back off the bass from when it's been against my belt buckle but it's nothing serious and I could probably buff it out if I got the time to do it. Apart from that, there's nothing wrong with it.

It does have strap locks fitted to it but I will be removing those and putting the original ones back on there as I will use them with what ever bass I buy/build next. Plus, all my straps have the strap locks fitted so I'd rather keep it that way.

[s]Price wise I'd be looking at somewhere around £250. Postage would be around £15 but cash on collection is welcome and you're more than welcome to plug it in and give it a whirl on my rig to see if you like it. I'll even throw in a cuppa tea or coffee if you do ;) I'm based somewhere in between Luton, Bedford and Milton Keynes just off the M1 junction 12.[/s] [b]SOLD[/b]

All I have is this picture and video at the moment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM3nVylVEc8&hd=1[/media]

Cheers
Stevie

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

• 4 weeks later...