Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cello piece on fretless

stonecoldbass

Hey guys
Rainy day here in Vancouver (home for now) so seemed like a good time to do some shedding on the fretless. Heard some classical music on TV earlier that inspired me to tackles some cello pieces again. I have a Bach cello study book back home that is great form sight reading practice and it also has some nice little duets that are fun to play. So I did a search for some free cello charts/midi files and came across this little ditty:
[url="http://soundcloud.com/stonecoldbass/polovtisan-dance-borodin"]http://soundcloud.co...n-dance-borodin[/url]
Nothing too tricky but just good sight reading and ear practice. I tried to be as expressive as possible, especially in the final section, while concentrating on getting the thing in tune!
Hope you enjoy the sounds.
Feedback welcome!
Craig

Craig! Totally unrelated to your post (sounding good btw!) But after a wee stroll around your Soundcloud, I couldn't help but notice you had BA Applied Music Big Band on there. Clearly not their current Big Band. Were you a BAAM? When did you study? Who beside? I've just completed the course, awaiting graduation. My recital was last week. Scary, unemployed times ahead! It really is true that you can't turn a corner without bumping in to a BAAM!