Why become a member? ×

Sold! Dave McKeen pre amp. GONE BABY GONE!

[s]Hey guys

I'm after an Aguilar OBP-3 pre amp for my Tobias so I'm taking out the Dave McKeen pre amp that's in it and selling it. The lay out for the pre amp is Bass/Treble stacked pot, mid pot with mid selector 3 way switch, blend and volume.

It has a lot of bottom end and a lot of mids to it but the top end seems to lack a little bit for what I like. It's a beautiful slap tone on it and you can get a really deep finger style tone out of it. It does suit the bass really nicely but it doesn't suit me if you know what I mean? haha.

The mid selector switch on it works really well and you can definitely notice a big difference when you change which section of the mids you want to boost or roll off. Basically, my understanding of it is that when the mids pot is in the center, it's flat so that when you roll it back or forward, it boosts or cuts the mids. Same with the treble and bass stacked knob.

I'll be sending the pre amp with all the pots attached and the barrel jack connected. It's up to you what ones you do use and what ones you don't. I've had no issues from it since I got it. Oh, I'll also be supplying a wiring diagram with it (either digital or hard copy, your choice). It's pretty much just a case that I've always known what I wanted in my bass but couldn't afford it before and didn't have the time to wait for one to arrive from America (i needed a pre amp quickly as the old one in my Tobias gave up the will to live and i had a gig coming up that I needed to use that bass for as it was my only gigging bass at the time) so yeah, now I can afford what I want, I am going to get it. Simple as that.

So yeah, the price I'm looking for is £50 plus £3 postage. Absolute bargain for this I think especially as all the pots are brand new and it comes with a proper barrel jack input.

If pictures are needed, i'll upload some.

Cheers
Stevie[/s]

SOOOOOOLD! STOP LOOKING, GO AWAY! THIS IS NO MORE!

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...