Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lindo Bass Guitar review

davethebassman

Hi All

I have been reading on the Internet a lot of rviews about Lindo basses and indeed electric guitars, and I feel that it is time for me to put my spoke in.

I decided to take up bass about a year ago, and I looked on Ebay for a cheap electric Bass guitar, I was looking to pay 99p (as we all do) I actually found a Lindo bass 24 fret 2 humbucker pickup guitar for the princely sum of £60.00 inc delivery. Complete with lead, gig bag and adjustment tools.

How did I find the instrument:

When the bass arrived I was pleasantly surprised, for the money I didn't need to do much more that re-set the action (too high) and clean out one of the pots (bridge pick up tone control) with switch cleaner. The bass as it arrived was playable, the intonation was about 1 semitone above what it should be, but careful adjustmant of the bridge / action was sufficient to cure this.

All in all for the money, the bass is a welcome addition to my growing family of instruments. Saying that, if you are looking for an instrument which is of Fender vintage don't buy Lindo.

One thing to add I guess, I had to re-shim the bass to get the action really low, not I have an instrument which is good for tapping.

Please folks, don't take my word for all this, this is my experience with Lindo, but just to put this into context, I bought 7 years ago a Crafter 12 string guitar when Crafter was an "up and coming guitar manufacturer" for £70.00 The guitar was perfect in every way, and the same model is now on sale for £350+

Some say you gets what you pay for, but don't discount cheaper brands, as they may just be a loss leader. Hope this helps

regards
Dave