Why become a member? ×

Tascam DR07 v Zoom H2

El Bajo

[size=3][color=#222222]Hi all[/color]

[color=#222222]I really want to get a handheld recorder for band practices and bedroom practices. I can't decide between the Tascam and H2. I'm on a budget and these two are around the right price range for me[/color]

[color=#222222]I'm totally new so excuse my naivety[/color]

[color=#222222]I want to be able to just place it in the middle of the room and record what’s been practised so that I can send the files round to the other members to work on. I notice they work of batteries but do they come with adaptors? What’s the usability like. Will I spend ages getting the levels right?[/color]

[color=#222222]At home its the same kind of thing, I want to be able to record my bass lines and ideas and transfer the files to my laptop where I can manipulate then in Audacity (soon to be Protools) and send over to other members. Trouble is there are occasions when my little one will be kipping so I wondered can I DI into it (have I just said something ridiculous?)[/color]

[color=#222222]Finally is one better than the other? [/color]

[color=#222222]Thanks for any information or advice you can give[/color]

[color=#222222]Bajo[/color][/size]

Edited by El Bajo