Why become a member? ×

At last! First Decentric video!

Netballman

[quote name='SirChewey' timestamp='1320149394' post='1422853']
Nice little vid, in what sense do you mean boosting the bass?
[/quote]
In the sense that I can't hear it very clearly! :)

And thanks for the kind comments - my littlun will be pleased !

Edited by Netballman

[quote name='SirChewey' timestamp='1320154881' post='1423015']
When your playing live or in the video?
[/quote]
In the video. If I'd realised at the time I'd have turned up - plenty under the hood! - but didn't want to dominate! You may notice I did tweak it up a tad early on as I was having trouble hearing myself clearly.

Hmmm, i think you might have a job without buying something. I thing VLC media player has a built in eq you can play with for playback but for editting what you got you may be better off recording the sound a little better in the first place (not that what your daughter did wasn't good for a quick video); the mics in cameras are not the best. You might want to think about getting a laptop with cubase or logic or something similar and mic-ing up a rough mix. We generally record all our rehearsals with a couple of sm58's into a desktop with cubase running stereo. If you got the gear it's always a great way of listening back to where your going wrong when playing. It's proved very valuable to us over the years.

[quote name='SirChewey' timestamp='1320163300' post='1423162']
Hmmm, i think you might have a job without buying something. I thing VLC media player has a built in eq you can play with for playback but for editting what you got you may be better off recording the sound a little better in the first place (not that what your daughter did wasn't good for a quick video); the mics in cameras are not the best. You might want to think about getting a laptop with cubase or logic or something similar and mic-ing up a rough mix. We generally record all our rehearsals with a couple of sm58's into a desktop with cubase running stereo. If you got the gear it's always a great way of listening back to where your going wrong when playing. It's proved very valuable to us over the years.
[/quote]

Thanks for the helpful advice. All I have at the moment to record rehearsals is a Boss Micro BR with its built-in mic, which works surprisingly well but is of course still pretty limited. I have been considering trying to record direct to PC so I shall give it a go! Cheers :)