Why become a member? ×

Digitech Bad Monkey [SOLD]

Silent Fly

[b]Digitech Bad Monkey[/b]. It is a great pedal and after the mods it sounds even better but I come to realize that distortion/overdrive on bass guitar is not for me. I modified the pedal as follows:

- Increased bass frequency response
[i]The Bad Monkey has a good bass response to start with but this mod improves the transparency at the lower frequencies especially with 5/6 strings bass guitar.[/i]

- Voice switch
[i]The Bad Monkey has a very specific character that may not be suitable for every situation. This switch gives the pedal extra flexibility making the Bad Monkey the ideal overdrive from light grit to solid overdrive. The switch has 3 positions. In the middle the voice switch is inactive: the sound is exactly like the original Bad Monkey. Left: the sound is more linear giving a warmer distortion. Right: the distortion is deep and round for a beautiful rich tone. In practice it becomes 3 pedals in one box.[/i]

It is with the original box and instructions and in mint conditions (never used outside my house and kept in a smoke-free environment).

Apart from the cost of the extra components required for the mods, I spent several hours to find the right values and configuration and install the mods. It is a professional made modification implemented using quality components.

I would like to sell at what I spent for just the pedal. £30 (PayPal only). It included shipping (UK) and PayPal charges.

[SOLD]

Edited by Silent Fly