Why become a member? ×

Natural Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass - £650 ONO

ajerthebadger

Selling this as I need to fund my final year of uni.

[attachment=86421:IMAG0111.jpg]

Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass, Natural, Made in Japan.

More Pics here:

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/65965211@N05/sets/72157627245844717/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/65965211@N05/...57627245844717/[/url]

This has been my gigging bass since September and I have done all my playing with this bass since then - gigging, rehearsing, recording, everything! It feels great to play and sounds the bomb.

There are a few dents in the back of the neck from where it tried to slide along the front of the stage once, not huge but one or two big enough to notice and feel whilst playing. These are merely dents in the lacquer and I am willing to look into the possibility of splitting the cost of re-coating the neck if so desired.

The scratch plate has been doing its job well so theres obvious scuffing from plectrums and finger nails and the like.

Tip top edge of the front side of the head stock has a bit of paint transfer but I'm sure that'll scrub off.

Apart from that, this bass is clean and tidy. Currently set up with D'Addario Half Wounds which give it a really nice, warm, round sound. Comes with the original pick up cover too.

I have installed a set of strap locks to the bass, they are gold (obviously not to everyones taste but they go pretty nicely with the natural finish) and the other ends are attached to a nice red suede over black leather strap which is included.

Case shows obvious signs of being carted here and there, and the on the spine of the case have snapped off but it will still stand that way. Structurally there are no problems, all the clasps still clasp and there's a cool compartment for storing the essentials (strings, fast fret etc). And the nice red interior is a bonus too. :)

Theres a few extras I'm willing to throw in:

- Planet Waves Bass String Winder (very handy)

- 20 ft Neutrik Jack - Right Angle Jack lead

If I find anything else thats worth having I will put it up here, you are welcome to decline these extras but they wont cost you any more dosh.

The price for this characterful instrument and extras is:

[s][b]£650 ONO[/b][/s] SOLD

Thats more than £400 less than buying a new one with the same hardcase and excludes the cost of extras I'm chucking in.

You're welcome to come and have a test drive, I'm based in Thatcham, Berkshire.

Collection preferred, willing to discuss logistics of shipping.

Any questions, send over a PM with 'Marcus Miller J-Bass' in the description.

Cheers

AJ

Edited by ajerthebadger

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='ajerthebadger' post='1330162' date='Aug 6 2011, 06:20 PM']Selling this as I need to fund my final year of uni.

[attachment=86421:IMAG0111.jpg]

Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass, Natural, Made in Japan.

More Pics here:

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/65965211@N05/sets/72157627245844717/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/65965211@N05/...57627245844717/[/url]

This has been my gigging bass since September and I have done all my playing with this bass since then - gigging, rehearsing, recording, everything! It feels great to play and sounds the bomb.

There are a few dents in the back of the neck from where it tried to slide along the front of the stage once, not huge but one or two big enough to notice and feel whilst playing. These are merely dents in the lacquer and I am willing to look into the possibility of splitting the cost of re-coating the neck if so desired.

The scratch plate has been doing its job well so theres obvious scuffing from plectrums and finger nails and the like.

Tip top edge of the front side of the head stock has a bit of paint transfer but I'm sure that'll scrub off.

Apart from that, this bass is clean and tidy. Currently set up with D'Addario Half Wounds which give it a really nice, warm, round sound. Comes with the original pick up cover too.

I have installed a set of strap locks to the bass, they are gold (obviously not to everyones taste but they go pretty nicely with the natural finish) and the other ends are attached to a nice red suede over black leather strap which is included.

Case shows obvious signs of being carted here and there, and the on the spine of the case have snapped off but it will still stand that way. Structurally there are no problems, all the clasps still clasp and there's a cool compartment for storing the essentials (strings, fast fret etc). And the nice red interior is a bonus too. :)

Theres a few extras I'm willing to throw in:

- Planet Waves Bass String Winder (very handy)

- 20 ft Neutrik Jack - Right Angle Jack lead

If I find anything else thats worth having I will put it up here, you are welcome to decline these extras but they wont cost you any more dosh.

The price for this characterful instrument and extras is:

[s][b]£650 ONO[/b][/s] SOLD

Thats more than £400 less than buying a new one with the same hardcase and excludes the cost of extras I'm chucking in.

You're welcome to come and have a test drive, I'm based in Thatcham, Berkshire.

Collection preferred, willing to discuss logistics of shipping.

Any questions, send over a PM with 'Marcus Miller J-Bass' in the description.

Cheers

AJ[/quote]

hello i have somthing to ask about your marcus miller bass you did own by any chanes did you sand down the nut on the e string ???? would like to know asap befor i replace it