Why become a member? ×

PEAVEY CIRRUS DARKWOOD

sketchy

• 1 month later...

I've got a Cirrus 5 string in the Tiger Eye finish, so I guess you can call it dark wood :) It's a really cool bass, well it is when it works! See my post here about a problem with Cirrus basses [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17480"]Cirrus Problem[/url]. Other than that I would recommend the bass, they are great nice to play, the preamp has got some clout to it. But if you do decide to buy one I would make sure that you can find out if it's got the preamp problem or at least register it just in case!!

Hi. i used to own one, in the bubinga finish. Its a nice bass for the price. Good points are- build quality. playability, the neck is slim and fast, 35'' scale was no adjustment at all. It was light, comfortable and well balanced. The tone was good, but pretty distinctive, quite pronounced mids. But the 3band pre powerful when needed. The only reason i sold was cos i dont play 4's anymore. If they made a 6 in these, i would def consider one.
The only thing against it imo is that the ibanez sr500 is in the same price range, and i have a penchant for wenge necks!
I would def try both those before buying.

Good luck, Pete.

[quote name='tempo' post='178138' date='Apr 16 2008, 06:17 PM']If they made a 6 in these, i would def consider one.
The only thing against it imo is that the ibanez sr500 is in the same price range, and i have a penchant for wenge necks!
I would def try both those before buying.

Good luck, Pete.[/quote]

Pete they DO make them in a sixer check this
[url="http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/list/cat/24/item/95376/Cirrus%206-String%20USA.cfm"]Cirrus 6'r[/url]
I'm sure they do a european model too

Yes, the USA custom shop do 6's. And very nice they are too, (im actually considering one as my next bass, prob fretless). But they are a little more expensive (£2000) than the indonesian 'bxp' models we're refering to on this thread. Nice spot tho :)