Why become a member? ×

Squier Jaguar

spud

[quote name='spud' post='1264402' date='Jun 10 2011, 09:27 PM']Hi

I've been thinking about buying a new Jaguar for a while, preferably the active one. Has anyone played one and can tell me if it's worth spending money on. Any help is appreciated.

Thankyou,
Spud[/quote]

Hi Spud, a second hand MIJ would be a better bet if you can find one. The UK MIJ model was discontinued almost a year ago i think, but the odd one comes up second hand.

A few very very revered scholars on these pages have already predicted the MIJ Jags will become modern classics and I think they are totally right ?

I haven’t tried the Squier version, don’t even know if they’ve got the same electronics set up as the MIJ versions ? . . .

I’ve seen non-export, ie home market, MIJ models for sale on ebaY as well . . . don’t know if they are the same spec as the discontinued UK run ? . . . . . (any comments from you Jag aficionados out there ?)

If I were you, I think I’d save up and hold out for a MIJ one . . . . they have stunningly comfortable necks (IMVHumbleO) and I really wish I’d got one around two years ago when they were not difficult to pick up ! . . . there it is . . . . easy to crave after you’ve missed the boat ! . .

Lots of people on here saying Squier are turning out good quality gear these days so the squier option could of course be fine ? . . . if its anything close to the MIJ version it will be more than ok ? . . . neck profile permitting ! . . I cant belive it will have as good a neck profile as the UK MIJ run had ?

Which ever way you go I'm sure you'll be fine . . . try and make sure you try before you buy thats what I always "try" to do ! ! ! ! ! ! . . .and its usually when I dont try hard enough . . . that I buy something I regret . . . havent ever bought many I regret but when I have . . its when i havent played them before I bought ! . . bit obvious really . . but so easy to make that mistake !

Cheers

:)

Edited by Nostromo

All the Squire VM Jaguar lines seems to be working out pretty good.

The new Hummers are great, although the EQ is just two-band. But it can ADD or CUT freqs, and that's all good.

The finish is deep and seriously overkill - even though these new VMs come in under a very low price!

Like all recommendation, play one first - but I own a couple of the VM series Jags now and they are not a disappointment in any way.

At this time, and since the Hummers are so new on the market, I'll wait a short while to get mine, although the cherry red is my choice!

Rumor has it that Fender is gonna jack the prices after a short introductory time - and if you owned one of these, you'd wonder how a bass can sell for so cheap and be so good.

Put about 50% faith in that rumor though as I don't see this economy getting well for the next 50 years or so.