Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Aguilar AG 500SC - NOW SOLD!!!!

[font="Arial"]I've had this around a year, bought from an owner who bought it new and although I've never had it rackmounted, I have carried it in a dedicated Aguilar amp bag which I'll be including in the sale.
Scratches are minimal and are mainly on the top panel. Front panel is like new. Overall condition very good.
The amp is incredibly efficient, full of character and very clean without sounding transparent. For a lot of gigs where I'm DI'd into the PA, I can use the head with a single GS112 depending on the band set up, but even with the two 1x12 cabs it's a nice transportable rig that'll fit into the rear boot of most cars.

Here's what the Aguilar website says....(essential reading)....

The AG 500SC is a high-powered, lightweight head that combines an easy to use yet versatile EQ with 500 watts of power to create the perfect amp for the gigging bassist. Four bands of active EQ with bright and deep switches provide every tone from funk to rock to jazz. A flexible FX Loop and pure sounding D.I. are easily accessible on the front of this amp. Great features, tons of power and an affordable price make this amp a classic.

Specs

Power output: 500 watts @ 4 ohms, 250 watts @ 8 ohms

Inputs: One ¼" Input jack with Active/Passive switch

Tone controls:
Bright: +5dB >4kHz shelving
Treble: +/- 13dB @ 4kHz shelving
High Mid: +/- 14dB @ 800Hz peaking
Low Mid: +/- 14dB @ 400Hz peaking
Bass: +/- 18dB @ 40Hz shelving
Deep: +6dB <100Hz shelving

FX Loop: Series/Parallel; Send pot is Push/Pull for Line or Instrument level; Return pot is Push/Pull for Parallel or Series operation.

Outputs: Two Neutrik Speakon and two ¼" speaker outputs, XLR balanced D.I. out with Pre and Post EQ switch, Tuner output.

Mute: Push button with LED (footswitch optional)

Size: 2 rack spaces, 17" W X 3.5" H X 10" D

Weight: 18 lbs.

I never had rackears for this but the very fine Aguilar amp bag is included in the sale.

I'm looking for [b]£580[/b] (thanks, but no trades)

I'm located in Fife, Scotland. Collection would be ideal but I'll post the amp in the UK if required. Please message me with your location if interested.[/font]

Edited by lawriemacmillan