Why become a member? ×

DB soft case w/ hip straps?

ZMech

I think you'd be hard to find a hiking bag that doesn't have a hip strap, yet I can't seem to find a DB soft case that does, despite my bass weighing about 10kg. The case that came with my bass is also attached at the top with a pair of metal rings, which just dig into your shoulders, a ridiculously poor design. On top of that, the straps feel like they're attached several too inches too low, so the bass smacks the bag of my legs as I walk (I'm 5' 8'').

Does anyone know of a case that's actually ergonomic? If I had the capabilities I would rip the scaffold off an old hiking back and attach it onto the case.

Edited by ZMech

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Zach' post='1208236' date='Apr 22 2011, 01:08 PM']I think you'd be hard to find a hiking bag that doesn't have a hip strap, yet I can't seem to find a DB soft case that does, despite my bass weighing about 10kg. The case that came with my bass is also attached at the top with a pair of metal rings, which just dig into your shoulders, a ridiculously poor design. On top of that, the straps feel like they're attached several too inches too low, so the bass smacks the bag of my legs as I walk (I'm 5' 8'').

Does anyone know of a case that's actually ergonomic? If I had the capabilities I would rip the scaffold off an old hiking back and attach it onto the case.[/quote]

I dont know of one, but If you found one I'd very interested!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a reply from Tom of TomandWill which started with 'It is honestly something that we have never considered – personally as a double bassist the question had never occurred to me, and in the 6 years that we have been selling cases it has also never come up!' and they're now going to look into the idea.

Seems strange to me, I would've thought any designer would look at already existing similar products, in this case the strap system on hiking bags.