Why become a member? ×

G.A.S Attack...

dbass

Alreet chaps,

Now - I have to openly admit I am a bass snob. I like fairly expensive instruments (well, over £1000 normally) and normally disregard instruments cheaper than that. I know, it's awful and terrible and I will surely burn in hell for it BUT...

My friend who runs a shop in Ilkeston (Callum, acoustic zone) has a Cort EVL-Z4B new and will sell it to me for £329.00!!! I googled it and most are around the £450-500 mark.

I played this bass straight off the stand and it was AMAZING. I can't believe how good it is for the price and set my GAS off hugely. I would only use it in Sack Sabbath but it would look awesome IMO for that gig. The action was beautiful and it sounded really good too. EMG p'ups and pre-amp so nothing to be laughed at.

Do I buy it? Do I need to buy it?

(I still paying Shep off for the EBS cabs too! I HATE YOU MONEY)

Ha!

I know, I've never been into "the bass must look the part" for any gig and just play whatever I'm comfortable with but when I seen that Cort I just knew "Sabbath" HA!

I did get a comment once when I used my Thumb though - "You're not Jamiroquai are you?" !!!!!!

I guess some audiences are simply more conservative than others. I read an interview with someone who'd turned up for a session with Chris Rea with a 6-string Warwick and got told to go and get a "proper" bass! And yep, I can see the Thumb not going down at all well in the Sabbath gig, although that's pretty ironic seeing how many people are using Thumbs for hardcore metal these days! :)