Why become a member? ×

70's Style Precision Bass Black/Black/Maple

son of frog

Hiya all,
I have this Precision Bass, which is great, And i love it, But due to having my other favorite precision bass already, this was really just excess of want over need,
I've done a few things to it over time, I've Relic-d it slightly on the edges but is still in decent condition if you wanted to Repaint and Refinish, And the pick-guard used to be White, hence the wear around the pickup thumb-rest area.

Im not 100% percent sure which parts on this are the original fender, the headstock was refinished, brass nut fitted (more sustain) and a new Decal applied, there is a thin gap between the join on the body and the neck, it seems that either the neck was not from the same model as the neck or vice versa, this does not at all effect the sound or resonance of the bass, purely cosmetic, the body was originally Red, refinished in Black Matt over the top, Great rough look as it is, or a great platform, single black coat means easy sanding down to paint a new colour.

I've completely overhauled the electronics and put all the best parts in, Electronics all together cost me around £50 for the wiring / pots, and Put in The Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder, around £50 i think i got that for.
It also has the old vintage type flat-top (Telecaster type) knobs, in Black and a matching Fender Bridge and Bridge Cover.

[b]Im not sure what i want in terms of cash for this, but i would prefer a trade, for maybe a jazz type something half decent or perhaps a 5 string, but no Ibanez' or Death Metal basses, haha sorry just not my bag.
Also will consider Double Basses, 3\4 size or EUB, EDB's... Just because thats something i really fancy getting into.[/b]

Im in the Guildford / Godalming area for anyone local.

Pics.

Cheers for looking.

Edited by son of frog