Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo 2003 like new

bassybill

Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo, mint condition. I bought this new early in 2004 as I’d always wanted a Ric, but the reality is that I’ve hardly played it (used it on maybe two gigs). I think I’m just a Jazz bass sort of person. It’s a shame it doesn’t get played enough. Anyway, it’s a real beaut- the fingerboard is just gorgeous. I’ll try to get some pics up later, although my photography won’t do this justice.

I’ll include the Ric case, of course (some minor exterior marks – the bass itself is perfect) with the genuine Ric cleaning cloth (lol), a realy nice matching padded red leather strap by Eagle Music (with Schaller straploks, as the bass had the strap buttons for these from new) and a new, unopened set of Rickenbacker strings.

The bass does NOT have the tone control capacitor mod that was introduced a little later, but this could be easily added if wanted. Anyone who wants to save a few quid on what is essentially an as new 4003 and skip the wait might do well with this one. I’m asking £1200 cash (no trades, thanks) which seems pretty fair to me given the current retail situation. I would prefer local collection rather than shipping – I could be willing to meet halfway somewhere if Wolverhampton is a long haul for you.

[quote name='bassybill' post='1166635' date='Mar 18 2011, 07:45 AM']Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo, mint condition. I bought this new early in 2004 as I’d always wanted a Ric, but the reality is that I’ve hardly played it (used it on maybe two gigs). I think I’m just a Jazz bass sort of person. It’s a shame it doesn’t get played enough. Anyway, it’s a real beaut- the fingerboard is just gorgeous. I’ll try to get some pics up later, although my photography won’t do this justice.

I’ll include the Ric case, of course (some minor exterior marks – the bass itself is perfect) with the genuine Ric cleaning cloth (lol), a realy nice matching padded red leather strap by Eagle Music (with Schaller straploks, as the bass had the strap buttons for these from new) and a new, unopened set of Rickenbacker strings.

The bass does NOT have the tone control capacitor mod that was introduced a little later, but this could be easily added if wanted. Anyone who wants to save a few quid on what is essentially an as new 4003 and skip the wait might do well with this one. I’m asking £1200 cash (no trades, thanks) which seems pretty fair to me given the current retail situation. I would prefer local collection rather than shipping – I could be willing to meet halfway somewhere if Wolverhampton is a long haul for you.[/quote]
I can recommend buying this bass off Bill. I bought a Status S2 Classic off him in 2007 and it was in absolute immaculate condition.
He looks after his gear.

[quote name='blunderthumbs' post='1168422' date='Mar 19 2011, 04:17 PM']I can recommend buying this bass off Bill. I bought a Status S2 Classic off him in 2007 and it was in absolute immaculate condition.
He looks after his gear.[/quote]

Thanks for the recommendation!

My apologies for being slow with the pics - I've just been so busy (or maybe my subconscious is trying to stop me selling it, heh).

I'll get some up very soon, promise.

Okay here’s the long awaited pics, sorry for the delay. As I said, my photo skills don’t do this justice, but at least you should get the idea. Ask if you’d like me to try and get better ones of any particular aspect and I will try if I get some decent daylight tomorrow or Saturday. These are the best I can take this evening and they’re really for people who have already asked about the bass to give them a rough idea. It is, as far as I can tell, the same as the day I bought it.

The marks on the lower body horn really look bad in one of these pics – they’re just fingerprints from me handling the bass and I’ll give it a clean before taking some more. I can hardly see the marks as I look at the bass here now.

I’ve included a shot of the fingerboard up close as the wood grain is gorgeous – I hope you can tell.

Okay here’s the long awaited pics, sorry for the delay. As I said, my photo skills don’t do this justice, but at least you should get the idea. Ask if you’d like me to try and get better ones of any particular aspect and I will try if I get some decent daylight tomorrow or Saturday. These are the best I can take this evening and they’re really for people who have already asked about the bass to give them a rough idea. It is, as far as I can tell, the same as the day I bought it.

The marks on the lower body horn really look bad in one of these pics – they’re just fingerprints from me handling the bass and I’ll give it a clean before taking some more. I can hardly see the marks as I look at the bass here now.

I’ve included a shot of the fingerboard up close as the wood grain is gorgeous – I hope you can tell.