Why become a member? ×

Spector Tone Pump JR help needed ASAP!

Hi guys

I just bought a Spector Tone Pump JR to go in my Tobias bass but when I went to fit it, the wiring looked completely different to what it used to be when I had the Tobias pre-amp in there.

Anyways, the controls that came for it are
Volume
Blend
Treble
Bass

I've looked all over the spector website and google images but cannot for the life of me find a Tone Pump Jr wiring diagram. I would use a Tone Pump standard wiring diagram but there are 2 extra wires coming out of the Tone Pump standard than there are on the Tone Pump Jr.
I should also mention that I'm using the standard Tobias input jack (which is the same as found on most active basses

Please help me get this sorted, I need to get it fitted asap!

Cheers
Stevie

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

On their Web site: [url="http://www.spectorbass.com/accessories/tonecontrol.html"]http://www.spectorbass.com/accessories/tonecontrol.html[/url] it says that the preamp comes with a wiring diagram. Even if you hadn't purchased the preamp from Spector shop, you can still e-mail them and ask for the diagram.

Mark

I tried that over a month ago just so i had one in time but haven't had a reply. It really sucks. I bought the pre from another user on here who took it out of his bass a while ago so there was no wiring diagram with it. I only need to know how to wire in the volume pot, input jack and if there needs to be any wires going from the volume or input to the blend pot, blend pot to input or vice versa.

Someone must have a Spector out there with a Tone Pump Jr wired in for Volume, Blend, Treble, Bass who can help?

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='1157306' date='Mar 10 2011, 11:53 PM']I tried that over a month ago just so i had one in time but haven't had a reply. It really sucks.[/quote]This is strange because I asked them for the diagram and got it after 3 hours. Send me your e-mail and I will forward the diagram to you. This is for Vol+Vol but this is easy to change it to Vol+Blend.

Mark