Why become a member? ×

**SOLD ** EBS HD350 with faults

rhughes44

Now **SOLD** - thanks for all the replies!
Excellent condition EBS HD350 in rack case with two minor faults - easy fix for someone handy with a soldering iron, but not for me.
EBS HD-350 High Definition Bass Head Features:

100% Solid State Design
Drive control
Tube Emulated Drive Control
Compressor/Limiter
Powerful 4-band EQ
Serial and Parallel Effects loop
Floating balanced XLR output
Built-in speaker simulator
9 volt EBS Phantom Power System
Active Intelligent cooling system
350w pure MOSFET power

Faults:
1. When using the phantom power to the input jack, the sound breaks up sometimes. Disabling phantom power to the input jack (via the dip switches on the rear panel) solves this problem completely, so if you do not want to use power from the amp to drive an EBS pedal, this fault will not affect you at all.
2. With master volume at "0", there is a very quiet distorted sound from the amp while you play the bass guitar. There is no noise when you do not play. Once you increase the volume from "0", the undistorted (normal) bass sound takes over and you cannot hear the distorted sound any more. No effect on playing at normal volume (above "0"....!!!)

This is a quality amp, with great reviews - my band folded at Christmas and I have no immediate plans to play bass in another band soon, so I making some space...!
I mention both faults in detail as I am sure someone will take a look and think "I can live with that", or "I can fix that"...

Selling at bargain price due to faults..........
£300 to collect from Reading
[attachment=73787:Photo_0003.jpg]

Edited by rhughes44

Guest McBass

[quote name='rhughes44' post='1148688' date='Mar 3 2011, 06:07 PM']Faults:

2. With master volume at "0", there is a very quiet distorted sound from the amp while you play the bass guitar. There is no noise when you do not play. Once you increase the volume from "0", the undistorted (normal) bass sound takes over and you cannot hear the distorted sound any more. No effect on playing at normal volume (above "0"....!!!)

[attachment=73787:Photo_0003.jpg][/quote]
That happens even it the TD650,i asked about it and crosstalk it's quite common.More a design fault!